14 October 2015

Make up haul


Dear readers,

Although we have a few Sephora stores in Spain, nothing compares to the wide selection of make up and beauty boxes that are sold in the States. The only good news is that Kat von D has become available to us. 

Taking advantage of a coworker who was going to visit San Francisco and Vegas I asked him to bring me something from Sephora. I gave him 3 options to make sure he came back with at least one and I'm happy to say that he succeeded and got me the Too Faced Most Loved value set: 
Sephora Too Faced Most Loved value set
 It contains:
- 0.16 oz Hangover Replenishing Face Primer
- 0.17 oz Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer
- 0.08 oz Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
- 0.16 oz Melted LongWear Lipstick in Melted Fig
- 0.17 oz Better Than Sex Mascara
Sephora Too Faced Most Loved value set
I've never before tried anything Too Faced but I've heard and read nothing but good reviews so I am very happy to have the chance to play with my new buddies. 

I'm very excited to try out the Shadow insurance so I can compared it to the Urban Decay Primer Potion that I sadly had to part with not so long ago.

I can't wait to try the Melted lipstick as I'm going through a lipstick phase right now and I can't seem to stop purchasing lip products, as you will be able to see further below. 

As for the Better Than Sex mascara, I prefer using sample sized mascaras as it's practically impossible for me to go through a whole product within the 3 months you're supposed to. 

The Chocolate Soleil Matte bronzer will be a good addition to my make up collection because I only own the Hoola bronzer that I feel is more intended to carve out features than to warm up the complexion and the Betty-Lou Manizer that has some shimmer to it so it cannot be used under certain circumstances, especially if you have super oily skin.

The Hangover Replenishing face primer I'm not very excited about as I don't feel like primers add any kind of benefit to my skin's appearance: they don't minimize my pores, they don't help in reducing shine and they don't help my make up wear any longer. Maybe I haven't found the perfect primer for my skin type so I'll give this one a fair chance.
NYX lippies
NYX lippies are perfection: they are creamy, they don't overly dry out my lips, they are pigmented, they have a pretty decent shade selection and most important, they are so affordable that you can get them in every available shade and finish without making a dent on your VISA. As I was in need of some Fall appropriate colours I decided to have some fun and go bold.
NYX lippies swatches
Unfortunately I'm the worst photographer ever and my small compact camera hasn't been able to catch the true shade of these swatches. I've tried every single setting and took hundreds of snaps but I couldn't get the purple shades appear as they really are, they just look blue toned. Especially Berry strudel, it should be kind of a darker shade to Playdate, so imagine it with a bit more pink in it. 

About the last swatch, I forgot to snap a pic of the NYX brow pencil in dark brown. At first I didn't think I'd like this shade on me as my brows are more cool toned but with having dyed my hair red it actually looks good on me. What I don't like is that it's softer than what I'm used to; it's a retractable pencil but it isn't skinny and you get a weird brush on the other side, not the typical spoolie that I find so handy. Next time I'll go for their Micro Brow, if I'm lucky and they've stocked up.
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Flawless Wear Concealer in 01 Light
All the Kardashian brightening craze has finally gotten into me. In the past I'd never used any kind of under eye concealer as I rarely have dark circles that need covering up. Lucky me? Maybe, but I have some other issues that drive me crazy so don't envy me for a moment. 

I've been a fan of Estée Lauder for years but I've never tried their make up. This will be my first, it's the Double Wear Stay in Place Flawless Wear Concealer in 01 Light. Until now I've been using Maybelline's Age Rewind concealer in light but I wanted to try one with a higher coverage to use on my sun spots and such.

Recap:
Sephora value set = 25$, with taxes it comes down to 25€
NYX lippies and brow pencil = 30,15€ (using a 10% discount) from Maquillalia
Estée Lauder concealer = 22.50 (using a 25% discount) from Douglas

Total expenditure = 77,65€

Not bad, don't you think?

P.S. Don't forget to enter my Giveaway!