12 October 2015

Mani Monday: Bronze Princess


Dear readers,

Even though I'm enjoying a long weekend, last Friday and today being both bank holidays, I wasn't in the mood to do any nail art. I had some serious cleaning up to do around the house so the hubby and I tackled the task on our first day, yay! 

On Saturday I wanted to go to Primark and look out for some home decor for Autumn. I've never even liked the Autumn, it may have to do with the fact that you can't notice any change in season where we live. The temperature only drops a few degrees, no coats are needed yet and the trees are all evergreens so we never get to see any Fall colours. Browsing through Pinterest is the only contact with Autumn I can get and somehow it made me crave for some change in home decor. Unfortunately I couldn't find much at Primark and had to content myself with some fairy lights and a bottle of gold spray paint. The hubby, on the other hand, came back with a huge load of bags containing clothing items.

Yesterday, we went to the beach and afterwards we enjoyed a lazy evening in front of the telly. We watched the original Star Wars trilogy and I should have done my nails then but I was cozied up on the sofa not to be bothered with the task. I ended up doing them late at night, in bed. This time I decided to file my nails straight just to make it look like I'd put some effort into it. I don't usually  wear my nails like this as some of them have lost their shape from all the years I spent biting on them. You'll be able to see that the nails on my index fingers are bent inwards. I tend to leave them rounded so it's less noticeable. But well, I guess I 'll need to get over it.

Today we are going to spend some time with the family and I'm running late as it is so I'm keeping this post short and sweet. 
Bronze Princess nail polish by Rimmel London
The nail polish of choice to achieve what I think could be labeled as a "falling leaves" shade is 90 Bronze Princess by Rimmel London from the Metal Rush collection.
Bronze Princess nail polish by Rimmel London
And my usual base and top coat by O.P.I. 
Natural base coat & Rapidry top coat by O.P.I.
What have you been up to this weekend?

Mani Monday series:
  1. Autumn nails
  2. Nail combo
  3. Overcast nails
  4. Gradient nails