5 October 2015

Mani Monday: Gradient nails


Dear readers,

A few weeks ago I was browsing through my Pinterest feed when I stumbled upon a gorgeous red to black gradient nail with a matte finish. I thought this was very Fall appropriate so I tried to recreate the look and share it with y'all. Sorry I couldn't get the gradient right, it's only my second time using the sponging method.
Mani Monday: Gradient nails
I started out with my usual base coat by O.P.I.
O.P.I. Natural Nail Base Coat
Then I applied two coats of the Barry M Nail Paint in 273 Raspberry.
Barry M Nail Paint in Raspberry 273
After it completely dried, I took a tiny sponge that came with a China Glaze nail polish set and tried to apply the gradient effect with the 702 Black Swan nail polish by L'Óreal Color Riche. I'm not sure if it's the sponge's fault or my own but I couldn't quite achieve the gradient look I was going for but well, practice makes perfect or so they say...
L'Óreal Color Riche in Black Swan 702
And I finished it off with the Rimmel Pro Matte Finish Topcoat.
Rimmel Pro Matte Finish
This is the final look on my other hand. Better luck next time, I guess.
Mani Monday: Gradient nails
Have you ever tried the gradient nail effect?

Mani Monday: