31 October 2015

October empties


Dear readers,

Only 55 days to Christmas, yay! Are you excited for the holidays? I sure am and I can't wait to start decorating, although I have to say there's one Christmas decoration I've left all year round and that is a sort of advent calendar that I've been using to count down the months and now the days.
October empties by Marshmellow's Diary
But leaving Christmas aside for a moment I'm quickly going through all the empties I've been collecting this month. I'm starting off with a clear fave of mine. If you have been following me for a while you must know now that I love all the citrus scented The Body Shop products, such as the Pink Grapefruit body sorbet. Not much to say about this, it has the perfect texture for the warmer months as it's refreshing like a gel and it sinks into the skin in seconds. A must have for next Spring and Summer for sure.
The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit body sorbet
This is just a regular make up remover lotion that I haven't particularly enjoyed using but only because I prefer oil or water based formulas. Why did I get it then, you may ask? It was a freebie I got with a monthly subscription to Elle Magazine
Emina Make up remover tonic milk with vineyard extract
The Macadamia natural oil range is a miracle worker and I love all their products. This is my third bottle of the Healing Oil Treatment and I'll be repurchasing a new bottle as soon as I find it on sale. My hair is extremely fine, oily and on top of that all, sparse but this oil doesn't weigh my hair down and it doesn't leave it feeling greasy. My ends look very healthy and shiny since using this and I haven't been needing a hair cut for a whole year, and that's saying something as my ends split only by looking at them.
Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment
I haven't been needing to use this after sun cream in a long time so it needed to make a trip to the trash can. It's very calming and soothing on burned skin in case you've forgotten to put on a good SPF and been into the sun for too long.
Balsoderm post solar facial
This came in a travel set that I got a while ago from Strawberrynet and I've been using it as a night cream as the texture was too heavy to use during daytime. I would not purchase the full size however, I don't like the overpowering scent of Dior products and I can't understand why I keep buying them once in a while. The container is also badly designed, in my opinion, as the walls aren't straight you can't get the remaining product that has collected near the top.
Dior Capture Total Multi Perfection cream for face and neck
The Instant Age Rewind concealer by Maybelline is a cult product in the beauty world and I was intrigued to find out how good it actually was. Not bad I have to say, it's very lightweight and it blends like a dream but I didn't feel it lasted that long on me, it wore off quite fast where I needed it the most: under the eyes.
Age Rewind concealer by Maybelline
To date this is my favourite high end foundation, I'm in 300 medium beige. It's so lightweight that you don't feel you're wearing any foundation but has a pretty good coverage without having to use too much product. The way I apply this is I spray it on the back of my hand and then I dab it on my face with a damp beauty blender. It performs beautifully and it stays like freshly applied for hours on end. BTW, I have very oily skin and although I will get shiny after a few hours' wear it looks more like a dewy shine than a disco grease ball, nothing some touch ups with a blotting sheet and a bit of powder won't help.
Dior Airflash foundation
For the past few months I've been using up a bunch of samples that I was hoarding up. After reading The Life Changing Magic of Tidying up by Marie Kondo I promised myself to start using samples as soon as I got them in order to avoid them going bad from keeping them for too long. These are a few of my favorites:
Sachet samples
And to end this post I'm leaving you with a list of products that I haven't particularly enjoyed using, some of them may not be bad products per se. In the case of the blushes (Rosie tint by Benefit and Tarte flush) I have to say that I don't like using cream products on my oily cheeks.
Unfavorites by Marshmellow's diary
 From left to right:

  • Rosie Tint by Benefit (freebie with Glamour UK magazine)
  • Astor Fashion Studio nail polish in Orange Jelly (too streaky)
  • Revolution Amazing Volume mascara (too dry and clumpy)
  • Schwarzkopf Osis+ Softn'straight (it weight my hair down)
  • L'├ôreal Superliner (it dries out too quickly)
  • Tarte flush cheek stain (it came with a Tarte holiday set, it's a pretty Fall shade though)

Enjoy the weekend!


P.S. Don't forget to enter my U.S. Giveaway, you could win an anti aging moisturizer.