7 October 2015

September Birchbox: Happy Birchday!


Dear readers,

It's been a while since I purchased a Birchbox, mainly because the price went up and also because I didn't find the samples all that interesting. I keep receiving their newsletters though and in the last one they offered me their 5th anniversary box for only 4,96€. There was a good chance it came with a mini size Benefit They're Real mascara so I went and ordered it, sadly the mascara was nowhere to be found :(
They did a very good job on the box, it's a cute design with a simple black and white background and a touch of pink and gold as an accent color. It reads Happy Birchday which is kind of ingenious.
As for the products inside they are listed on this card that comes in the box. Sorry for it being in Spanish but most of the names are in English anyway so you'll be able to guess what each product is for. I think I'm most interested in the Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster, it's only 5ml but I'm sure it will be enough to give me a general feel of the product. 
As for the Cheeky Lip crayon by Laqa&Co I tried to swatch it for y'all but I seem to be unable to pick up its true shade with my compact camera. I changed all the settings and took loads of shots with different lighting but it all boiled down to the same blotchy color down below. The thing is that you'd expect it to be more like the coral-orange tube but when you apply it to the lips it turns out to be a light neon pink shade that doesn't look well on my lips. I'm not going near my cheeks with this product as I don't like cream blushes so I suppose it'll go straight to my trash bin.
I canceled my subscription to Birchbox as I only wanted to see what they had to offer on their anniversary. Seeing that it wasn't anything out of the ordinary I'll stick to purchasing my regular and more reliable brands.

Have you ever gotten a Birchbox? Do you think beauty boxes are worth spending on? 

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway, it's open internationally!