23 November 2015

Sephora Times Square haul


Dear readers,

I've complained before about the Sephora stores in Spain. They only carry certain brands apart from their own range of products and they never do anything out of the ordinary like holiday or favorite sets like the stores in the States do.

Another added problem with trying out beauty or make up products is that you cannot return them to the store in case you haven't liked them. That leaves me few choices: do a lot of research online through other bloggers/customers who have the same skin issues as mine or, purchase a product and commit to using it up even when it doesn't turn out to be what I was expecting.
Sephora Holiday sets haul
Sephora U.S. opened their international delivery service not long ago but: 1. they don't deliver to Spain and 2. the shipping fee is too high to be worth while. My only alternative is to beg for friends and coworkers to bring me some stuff when they travel to the U.S.A. I've been quite lucky in that department and I did get the Too Faced Most Loved set a few months back and these two boxes, last Saturday.
Sephora Holiday sets haul
Mascara is one thing that lasts me a long time. I am aware that you should change your mascara every 3 months but it takes me up to 8 months to go through a whole bottle. Mini sizes are my best friend so when I saw this set of 8 mascaras I immediately added it to my wish list. 

Another great value set it this one by Too Faced. I love the pigmentation of the Melted Lipsticks so I can't go wrong there but I've never tried the Love Flush blushes. Hopefully they are blendable and long wearing. If not, I won't mind, they are so tiny and cute that I'll enjoy them looking at them.
Too Faced Melted Kisses & Sweet Cheeks
The Too Faced Melted Kisses & Sweet Cheeks is a 36$ set that comes with:
Too Faced Melted Fig & Your Love is King
Melted lipstick in Fig and Love Flush blush in Your Love is King. The lipstick comes out kind of purple toned in the picture but I'd say it's more of a muted mauve. I'm pretty sure this will my favourite of the bunch. 
Too Faced Melted Nude and Love Hangover
Melted lipstick in Nude and Love Flush blush in Love Hangover are peach toned.
Too Faced Melted Peony and Justify my Love
Melted lipstick in Peony and Love Flush blush in Justify my Love are a medium pink.
Sephora Favorites Lashstash
The Lashstash Mascara Sampler retails for 45$ and contains:

  1. Buxom Lash Mascara 6 ml/0.2 fl oz
  2. Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara 4 ml/0.13 fl oz
  3. Roller Lash Mascara by Benefit 3 g/0.1 oz
  4. Better Than Sex Mascara by Too Faced 4.8 g/0.17 oz
  5. YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils 2 ml/ 0.06 fl oz
  6. Blinc Mascara 2.4 g/0.08 oz
  7. Marc Jacobs O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara 2.83 g/0.09 oz
  8. NARS Audacious Mascara 3 ml/0.10 fl oz
  9. Tarte picture perfect eyelash curler
  10. Tarte best in faux lash extending fibers 0.3 g/0.01 oz
  11. Hourglass Mechanical Gel Eye Liner 0.06 g/0.0002 oz

Sephora Favorites Lashstash
They are all black mascaras that I haven't tried out before, except for the Better than Sex one that I'm currently using as it came in the Too Face Most Loved set I spoke of earlier. I'm actually very picky with my mascaras as I don't like them to clump up my lashes or to smudge under my eyes and I don't like them too watery or too dry either. 
Sephora Favorites Lashstash
This will be the perfect chance to try out a bunch of different mascaras and find out if anyone compares to my beloved Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte. As for a drugstore version I like the Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express mascara.

Have you tried any of these products before? Any thoughts?