21 December 2015

Black Friday Haul part 2


Dear readers,

I thought I'd never receive the rest of my packages. It's taken some of them ages to arrive but luckily for me the last two parcels that came today arrived in one piece, unlike the quicker ones.

Douglas 25% off and free shipping:
- Foreo Luna Mini in purple was 106.99€ paid 80.24€
- Essence nail polish remover was 3.79€ paid 2.74€
- Nails, Hands, Feet nail polish corrector pen was 5.95€ paid 4.44€

I've been using the Foreo Luna every evening after removing my make up and I've noticed a difference in my skin's texture from the first use. It leaves the skin feeling baby soft and squeaky clean.

The sponge nail polish remover is perfect for when you only need to redo one nail, if you use a cotton pad you'll mess up the rest of the nails but with this you dip a finger in the pot and swirl it around until all the polish comes off, best invention ever!

And my former nail polish corrector pen was looking worse for wear so I decided it was time to get a replacement. This pen is also very handy to clean up around the nail if you have made any mistakes in application. I prefer this over a synthetic brush dipped in polish remover as it's better to control and easier to be precise.
HQHair 20% off and free shipping:
- Macadamia Weightless Moisture Travel Kit was 27.45£ paid 21.96£
- Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil was 29.95£ paid 23.96£

The oil had leaked a bit in the box but nothing major so I didn't mind it and I sent them an email only to warn them about this fact. I've been using this oil for well over a year, maybe even two and I can't praise its benefits enough. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy and it has helped a great deal in maintaining my hair ends healthy. I can't remember when I last had to cut my hair because of split ends. Before using this I had to had regularly cuts as my hair is very fine and breaks very easily.

The Weightless Moisture Travel Kit features a shampoo, conditioner, conditioning mist and a dry oil micro mist. I've only used them once, last Friday, and I loved them all at first touch. The shampoo lathers up with the smallest amount, although the suds disappeared pretty quickly. The conditioner felt very lightweight but nourishing all the same and the conditioning mist and dry oil added some shine and protection. The only but is that I felt my hair getting oily faster than with my regular hair treatment but I'll have to put these to the test a few more times to get a clear idea of how they work.
MAC Cosmetics Berry Black Friday lustre lipstick 19.50€ and free shipping.

This was the only purchase I hadn't planned in advance and it serves me right, it's the worst lipstick I've ever come across. It looks very scary in the bullet, almost complete dark but in application it's so sheer that you can barely see the colour. It also applies very patchy and it settles into the lines, it starts to flake from the inside of the mouth and that's not a look that I'm going for.

Alterna Caviar Anti Aging Bodybuilding Volume Shampoo 22% off at Look Fantastic. I ended up paying 21.84£ with free shipping.

I've been using the Bamboo Color Hold + by Alterna for the last 5 or 6 months now and I'm liking it a lot. I wanted to try a different shampoo from the same brand and the words Caviar and Anti Aging just appealed to me.

Bvlgari Goldea sample size body lotion was a gift with my Douglas purchase above.
Feel Unique 20% off and free shipping:
- Colab dry shampoo in New York, Tokyo and London 3.50£ each
- NYX soft matte lip cream in Monte Carlo 5.50£
I ended up paying 12.80£

I've been wanting to try out this dry shampoo for a while but I still had many, many bottles of Batiste lying around so I waited until I'd used them all up. I went for the three cities that most appealed to me but I'll give the other scents a try if I like them better than Batiste. 

I added in a NYX soft matte lip cream in Monte Carlo in order to get free delivery. I love this formula, it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything on the lips, it stays put for a long time and it isn't drying to my lips. I already have some red lipsticks in my collection but they are more creamy and therefore high maintenance. This one will survive Christmas Eve dinner, I'm sure!
La Redoute 40% off and free shipping:
This gorgeous side table was 139.99€ and I got it for only 83.99€. It's fake wood but you can hardly tell and it's just what I was looking for.
Pimkie 20% off (39.19€) and free shipping:

I'd gotten rid of my old parka a few months back and I'd been looking for the perfect replacement since then. This one's made from a sturdier cotton fabric and is slightly warmer so I'll be able to wear it during the colder winter months, if they ever come.  
Boots International 3 for 2 and free shipping:
Yankee Candles in Clean Cotton (came broken), Red Apple Wreath and Sparkling Snow for 21.99£ each and the third one, free. Luckily the broken one isn't a Christmas scent so I'll burn the other two first and wait for Boots to answer my email and give me instructions on how to proceed with the damaged one.
Druni outside Black Friday but wanted to include it in here:

Clarins Ever Matte foundation 20.37€
I run out of my favourite high end foundation and wanted to try out a different brand. As I've been loving Clarins skin care products as of late I thought I'd see if their make up was any good. I've only used it once but it had a streaky application, the coverage is not that good and it strongly smells of perfume.

Maybelline Colorsensational matte in 975 Divine Wine 4.95€
This is a gorgeous deep red brown that suits me so well. I love the formula of these lipsticks and they are fab for the price.

L'├ôreal Color Riche nail polish in 423 Feline Sauvage 2.95€
This is an emerald green with a glittery appearance although it's very easy and quick to remove. It's the most perfect shade to wear for the holidays. I've already talked about the formula and easy application of these, I think I have most of the shades by now. 

L'├ôreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation 8.95€
I think I may have found my ride or die foundation, both high and low end. It gives a flawless medium coverage and you can even apply it with fingers as it blends like a dream. It has the most lightweight feeling that I've ever found in a foundation, you don't feel it sitting on your skin. It's not a flat matte either and it wears beautifully for hours. I've never found a foundation where I didn't need to blot my skin after only a couple hours' wear. It also doesn't make my pores stand out like other foundations do. I'm not saying it hides them as that's just impossible but they aren't as visible to the eye as usual. 
Of course I also got my most expensive purchase: the iPhone 5s in gold, but I already talked about that as I was too excited and couldn't wait to share it with y'all.

What was your Black Friday like? Did you make any purchases?