31 December 2015

December Yays & Nays


Dear readers,

This time around I had so many empties that I've classified them in 3 categories instead of two: yays, nays and meh!

So let's start out with the nays:
Primark nail polish remover: It's the kind of pot with nail polish remover and a sponge where you dip in your fingers one at a time and swirl them around until they come out clean. The sponge started to crumble after a few uses so I decided to get another brand, sometimes cheap isn't always better.

Ro's Argan Body Conditioner by Lush: I bought this only because Tanya Burr loves it but I find it's too oily for my liking. You're supposed to use it as a body lotion on your wet skin and rinse it off. The scent is sweet which I don't particularly enjoy and it's very moisturizing but I didn't enjoy the experience. The Nivea one I like better and is way more affordable.

Renunail by Dr Lewinn's: it's supposed to be a nail strengthener but it just does the opposite to my nails. After following the one month treatment my nails are brittle and rubbish. I'm wearing them super short at the moment and haven't been able to do any nail art for Christmas.

As for the meh, these have kind of worked out for me but I wouldn't repurchase because I've found a better option:
Orange Soda candle from Primark: It has a nice scent but Yankee Candle are still my favourite. These are a good alternative if you're on a budget though.

L'├ôreal True Match foundation: A great drugstore foundation I have to say, the best I've tried but I just got the Infallible Pro-Matte and I have to say that it works even better for my very oily skin.

Impulse deodorant in Roses & Grapefruit: It doesn't contain aluminum and has a nice scent but it only works on quiet days where you don't move around much.

Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence: Just a regular heat protector for your hair, it came in a beauty subscription box so I used it up, nothing more to say about this, really.
And my yays:

Le Petit Marsellais Orange Blossom shower gel: I already have a few back up bottles, I use this for my night time shower as it has a floral scent that helps me feel relaxed before going to bed.

The Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths by Ole Henriksen: I love using these during the warmer months to take my make up off as soon as I come home from work. They don't leave any kind of residue and are very gentle but effective.

Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Rinse: A great everyday paraben and sulfate free conditioner. It doesn't make my hair any oilier than it already is and leaves it super soft without weighing it down.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cherry: I'm trying out the COLAB dry shampoo at the moment but at first impression I think I may go back to using my favourite dry shampoo ever, which is this one.

Have a Happy New Year and thanks for sticking around!