30 January 2016

January Yays & Nays


Dear readers,

It's a beautiful day outside so I'm going to keep this short and sweet, although I always have so many things I want to share with y'all...

As usual I'll start with this months Nays, you know I like to end my posts on a positive note.
January Nays
Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Body Lotion.
This was one of my favourite scents back in the day. I repurchased the shower gel, deodorant and body lotion but they must have reformulated it as they doesn't smell near as good as they did before.

Ultrabland Facial Cleanser by LUSH cosmetics.
So many people raved about this product that I had to try it out. It's not for me, though. My skins pretty oily even during the winter and this oily cream leaves an unwelcome greasy residue that is hard to remove even when using a foam up cleanser afterwards.

MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. 
It actually sort of worked as an eye primer for a little while but for some reason it soon changed consistency and made my lids appear more crinkled and my fine lines and pores more visible. I'll be taking this Back to MAC with some other empties.

Cargo glitter eye pencil set.
I got these at Sephora a long time ago for only 10€ and I've been using them from time to time but I'm over glittery eye looks and these are quite old so I'm getting rid of them. I like the formula so I'm not saying I wouldn't purchase some regular eyeliners by Cargo cosmetics.

Lise Watier Base Miracle Pore Minimizing Primer.
This wasn't pore minimizing by any means and I didn't notice any improvement in the way my foundation looked throughout the day.

Posie Tint by Benefit.
This sample size lip and cheek stain came as a freebie with a magazine I got in London during my last visit in December 2014. It's bubblegum pink, a shade that doesn't suit me at all. I also found out that cream products don't work out so well on my oily skin.
January Yays
Odacité Pure Elements Wild Carrot Serum Concentrate.
I prefered using this nourishing oil mixed in with my night cream. I especially liked it's herbal scent, it helped me relax at the end of the day.

Maple Holistics Vitamin C Anti Aging Serum.
It's such good value that I'll definitely repurchase this again in the near future. At first it feels a bit sticky but give it a few seconds to absorb and it'll leave your skin silky smooth.

Anti Cellulite Micro Actif by Roc.
I already have a second tube waiting as I got a good deal on them. I use this every night on my problem area: my thighs. Not that I've noticed a huge difference with the other brands that I've tried but I don't have any complaints either.

Mary Kay Timewise moisture renewing gel mask.
This is one of the best hydrating masks I've tried. You can choose to rinse it off after 10 minutes or use it as a deep treatment and leave it on for a whole night. Your skin will feel replenished and plump the following morning.

Hair Skin Nails Plus by Simply Supplements.
I've always been interested in having healthy hair, skin and nails so I usually take some dietary supplements twice a year for about a month, month and a half. I honestly don't know if it makes a difference but I'll continue taking them just in case.

And now it's time to enjoy the weekend!