20 January 2016

Unexpected Lip Saviours: part 1


Dear readers,

Sometimes when a certain product doesn't work out in the way it's initially intended for I find that I can make it work for a different purpose. That's the case of 3 products that I've been enjoying using during the colder months. Let me tell you about the first one and don't forget to come back to read all about the other two.

In my case, I have very dehydrated lips, well, lower lip to be precise. I drink tons of water every day, I stay clear from soft drinks, I only take alcohol and coffee once in a while and I maybe have one or two cups of tea per day. But even by sticking to this regime I find myself having cracked lips all year round, not only during the winter time. The thing is, I have very oily skin on my face and normal on my body. I always properly moisturize my entire body but my legs don't feel any drier during the colder months. Why is it that my lips continue being so dry? Beats me!
Unexpected Lip Saviours
Last year I was in need of a new eye cream. I've always used Estée Lauder but I wanted to try a different brand. I read that Origins made a good one so I went online and ordered it from Strawberrynet. The Laura Mercier Eyedration Moisture Eye Cream was half price (23.50€) and I got and extra 15% off so I thought I might as well try two new eye creams. 

On their website it reads: This luxurious buttery crème formula hydrates, nourishes and soothes the delicate eye area. Mango Butter & Beet Root Extract help to prevent signs of aging by increasing moisture retention, while vitamins E & C protect against environmental stresses. Immediately eyes look refreshed, renewed, awakened, and less lined.
Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Eyedration Moisture Eye Cream
I can't even begin to describe the consistency of this product, it's not buttery at all. The only thing that comes to mind that could resemble this is shoe polish but even that is less thick than this eye paste. It won't even melt a tiny bit between your fingertips, I need to use a spatula to scrape the tiniest bit of product out.

Such a thick formula is very hard to blend and it takes ages to apply to the eye area so I started using it only at nighttime but, after a while even that was too much of a hassle.

But I'm not a quitter and I hate throwing away any products so, one night I came upon the idea to use it on my lips instead as I remembered some eye creams I'd used in the past where also labelled as lip creams. Best idea ever! My lips felt super soft, plump and nourished the following morning and I could still feel some left over cream on them, what's pretty amazing as even the raved about Nuxe Rêve de Miel doesn't work that well on me.

The pot is almost empty now but with the cream being so damn thick you only need the tiniest amount to use as a deep conditioning lip treatment.

Have you ever found a product working out for you in a way that it wasn't intended for?