7 March 2016

Collective Haul: Maquillalia & Douglas



NYX Cosmetics has to be one of my favourite drugstore brands out there. Most of the products I've tried have worked out great for me and some of them even better than high end brands. Even though you can find that NYX products are reasonably priced I always like to get an extra % off so I wait for a discount code or coupon to arrive at my gmail inbox to do some online shopping, yay!

From Maquillalia I was sent an email offering a 20% discount in NYX so I ordered a few things I wanted to try out.
NYX haul
My first choice were their brow products, I went for the Micro Brow pencil in Ash Brown and it's almost a perfect match. The pencil is soft enough so that you barely need to apply any pressure but not so much that it breaks. The tip is very fine so it seems like you're drawing on real hairs. I haven't tried the Anastasia Beverly Hills counterpart but I imagine that they must be quite similar. The brow gel in Black I'm not so fond of. It really works like glue for your brow hairs but it doesn't work on its own if you have bald spots like I have. I'll keep to my clear mascara and pass on this item.

I had heard that the Tres Jolie gel eye liner was very long wearing in the water line. It stays a bit longer than others but I'm still having problems finding one that stays put without bleeding after just a half hour.

As I'm still digging the matte lip trend and have no intention of going back to glossy or creamy lips in the near future I got me another shade of the Matte Lipstick (Tea Rose). It's the most perfect rose shade that would look gorgeous on any skin tone. I'm sure going to wear this loads in Spring. For a more Winter appropriate colour I chose the Liquid Suede cream lipstick in the shade Vintage. It's a gorgeous deep burnt red-brown that wears beautifully on the lips. It's very long wearing and doesn't feel overly drying. It's not transfer proof but I don't mind that.

The rest of the products I ordered from Douglas using a 25% off discount code. I'm curious about the stay matte but not flat foundation by NYX but I think I'll need to wait for summer to wear this as it's a tad too dark for me at the moment: online shade matching is a gamble you guys!

The last NYX product I wanted to give a go at is the HD Eye Shadow Base. I'm currently using the Too Faced Shadow Insurance but I'm not all too happy with it. I have such oily skin that my eye shadow creases or fades throughout the day no matter which eye primer I put underneath. 
Batiste dry shampoo
I was happy to find out that Douglas had started carrying Batiste so I jumped at the chance to get these two scents that I hadn't tried yet. I'm currently using the Colab dry shampoo but I like Batiste better. Colab feels less crispy on the hair, if you know what I mean, but absorbs less oil.
Clarins deodorant Eau Dynamissante
I'm hoping this aluminum-free deodorant by Clarins is strong enough to use during the warmer months. The one I'm using now has a lovely scent to it but I'm not sure it will work as well under higher temperatures.
Free samples
And finally I got a few free samples by Sisley, these are already packed and ready to follow me to my trip to London later in the week.