30 March 2016

London Haul


Before going to London for the #GlamourBeautyFestival I made some online purchases to take advantage of these offers: a 25% on The Body Shop products and a 2 for 1 for the Alpha-H Liquid Gold from Cult Beauty.
The Body Shop
I got some of my favourite products from The Body Shop: the Satsuma body, room & linen spritz, the vitamin C serum and the Lychee lip balm, that I'm running low on; and the Body Sorbets in Satsuma and Pink Grapefruit, that I like to use during the warmer months instead of the Body Butters. A new item that I wanted to try out is the InstaBlur primer, so far its consistency reminds me of the Porefessional by Benefit but it doesn't ball up and is instantly absorbed.

As for the Alpha-H Liquid Gold, I hadn't heard or read anything about this product but I was sucked in by their claims and I thought this offer was the perfect chance to find out if it really works. A fair warning: this stings a tiny bit!
Alpha-H Liquid Gold
As for my trip to London, I can't complain as I came back home with a suitcase full of goodies:
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow
First on my list was a splurge item that I've been lusting over for a while now: the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow palette. The packaging itself, outer and inner, is reason enough to splash out 49£on this gorgeous and decadent gold case. The thing about this is that both the sculpting powder as well as the highlight are muted enough to wear on a daily basis but they definitely add an expert looking finishing touch to any make up look.
Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude palette
Another well loved make up item in the beauty world is a very affordable (only 4£) high street product: the Collection Eyes Uncovered eyeshadow palettes. The pigmentation of the lighter shades is seriously out of this world. I always have trouble with lighter colors to stand out as my oily eyelids seem to absorb all the pigment I put on them and they just seem to disappear, but not these. Next time I'll go for their nude grey shades.
Lush hand creams
From Lush I only needed the Love and Light hand cream as I'm stocked up on their bath bombs. The lady in the store recommended we get the Charity Pot so we obliged as good customers that we are.
Back to MAC and Velvet Teddy
My first Back to MAC was a success, yay! My first ever MAC lipstick I got was the Berry Black Friday from last year and it was the most awful formula that I've ever come across. I wanted to give them another chance so I used up my Fix + mist and bagged the rest of my empty containers to be able to trade them in for Velvet Teddy, the most raved about nude lipstick from MAC. I expected this to be more drying to the lips but it hasn't felt that way to me. Now I'm wishing my other MAC products would run out quickly so I could go and get another lipstick.
A must stop for me is Spitalfields Market, I always find some special pieces to take with me. This time I stumbled upon the cutest jewelry stall: Inka Creations. I was in the market for a midi ring and this one with an arrow was a perfect fit for my middle finger. I'm sure going to order more amazing pieces from them in the future as they are reasonably priced (15£).
Organic Tea
At the Borough Market I got me some organic tea: green Earl Grey, Chai and regular Earl Grey, which has always been my fave.
UGG Liberty Art Fabrics Limited Edition slippers
And with only 15 minutes to spare I went into the Dune London store at Stansted airport and bought these Liberty Art Fabrics UGG slippers and saved me some VAT. In fact I had pinned these in the cherry blossom print onto my Instagram wish list board but when I saw them in store I didn't like them so much. I found them pretty boring so I went home with this floral and more colorful design.