12 April 2016

Cleansing Devices: Clarisonic, DermaNew or Foreo Luna?


Although I never got around to purchasing a Clarisonic device and I can't say how it compares to what I've been using instead, I wanted to share this post with y'all.
DermaNew vs Foreo Luna
A few years ago I decided to get the Dermanew Microdermabrasion system as it was far cheaper than the Clarisonic and it seemed to work quite similar. The bristles don't rotate, they only vibrate but I preferred using the other head it comes with, a sponge type one, in conjunction with the microdermabrasion cream, in order to get a deep exfoliation once a week.

Not long ago I came across a blog post, sorry I forget who it was by, in which the blogger mentioned that granulated exfoliators weren't that good for the skin. What she had to say about the matter was that the tiny exfoliating particles could be uneven and cause microscopic damage to the skin. So, not noticeable immediately but on the long run your skin could suffer without you knowing what had caused it. She recommended using chemical exfoliators and mentioned a few products. Of course it could be that the post was sponsored but what she said sounded very reasonable and it stuck in the back of my mind. I went for the cheapest option also because I wanted to try something from this brand that I kept hearing about. I got the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads. Unfortunately, I can't say much about them yet as I'm trying to use up my other exfoliators first.
DermaNew Facial Rejuvenation Formula and Garnier Pure Active Fruit Energy
On Black Friday last year I finally decided to get the Foreo Luna mini as I thought that the silicone protrusions would be more gentle on the skin than the plastic bristles on my Dermanew. I got a very good deal as it was already on sale and on top of the reduced price I got 25% off so I only had to pay 88.42€, yay for me! 

I've been using it regularly ever since, usually in conjunction with my favourite gel cleanser: the PureActive Fruit Energy energizing and purifying gel by Garnier. I am also using it once or twice a week with any type of exfoliating product, such as my Dermanew Facial Rejuvenation Formula

The device is very easy to use: it has a button down at the center to switch it on and off. It will start to vibrate and will give a set of pulsations every 15 seconds to indicate that you need to change your cleansing zone (chin, nose, cheeks and forehead). After you're done with your whole face, the device will give you a final more insistent pulsation to tell you that you need to switch it off because the cleansing routine has ended or you could go on in case you'd like to continue, it's up to you.

I don't feel the need to use this every single day but I could as it's very gentle, although I don't need to be careful as my skin's quite bulletproof. Whenever I use it my skin feels silky soft and smooth, even for a few days after its use. It's small and therefore more travel friendly than the regular size, plus it's cheaper. It's very easy to clean and it dries down quickly to avoid any bacteria from building up. It's 100% waterproof so you can use it and store it in the shower, like I do. The batteries are rechargeable and will last you for up to 300 uses. The only downside for it lasting so long is that I've forgotten where I put the charging cable :(

What do you think? Do you regularly exfoliate your skin? Do you think it makes a difference?

Don't be shy and comment below or send me a tweet to @13byeva.