2 April 2016

March Yays & Nays


This month I have loads of empties to share with y'all so let's cut to the chase and start off with my nays:
I've been taking the Energex Plus tablets by Healthspan but I haven't felt that they have helped me be more active or feel less tired even though they contained guarana and ginseng, so I don't know if I would have felt worse if I had not taken them or that they don't work at all. Either way I don't think I'll repurchase them.

The Clarins Daily Energizer cleansing gel and moisturizer have been very convenient de luxe samples to take with me when traveling but they haven't especially wowed me.

Also the Bliss supershine shampoo I took with me from the W hotel in San Francisco was intended for traveling but I have switched over to paraben and sulfate free shampoos since then so I've let the hubby use this up. It's a great shampoo otherwise but they should get rid of those nasty ingredients.

The Roller Lash mascara by Benefit is another pass for me. I have sparse and short, although curled, lashes and this mascara would only clump them up making it look like I only had 4 or 5 lashes, not the look I'm going for!

And the last meh product is the Katari 2% olive oil revitalizing shampoo. As I mentioned before, I try to stay away from parabens and sulfates. The hubby used this up and was pleased with it although he rarely has anything bad to say about a product.

As for the Yay products:
Garnier eye make up remover: it's affordable, does a great job of removing stubborn eye make up and is very gentle. I've already bought another bottle but in the sensitive eye version (only because it was cheaper ;)).

La Roche Posay micellar water: I tried this 100ml bottle and I'm pretty impressed. I still haven't tried the Bioderma so I don't know if it's comparable but this does a very good job and has lasted me quite a while for being such a tiny bottle.
Kinetics Hand & Soul mandarin & bergamot hand lotion: the texture is very lightweight and doesn't leave any kind of residue. What I loved the most was the scent, it's a perfect balance between the citrus and the floral smell of the bergamot.

A similar but a tad more floral is the scent of the Le Petit Marsellais orange blossom shower gel. I like using this at night as the smell helps me relax. I'm already on my 5th bottle. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, it's a bit inconvenient and gets dirty very easily.
These two items have been a staple in my daily skincare routine: the BiorĂ© UV Aqua Rich SPF 50+ as my sun protection and the Sephora smoothing primer to make my foundation glide on and make my pores look smaller. 

I really enjoy using Japanese sunscreen as they are very lightweight and you don't feel them sitting on your skin. The only downside is that they contain alcohol and you're able to smell it but my skin is immune to alcohol and the scents fades away once the product sets.

The Sephora primer I had lying around for the longest time and I was pleasantly surprised when I started using it as I really could tell the difference. It's a silicone texture but it feels more like a gel. It really glides on the skin leaving a velvety finish and it made my make up look freshly applied even after 10 hours wear.
And last, but not least, some samples I've been using up and my favourite lip balm by The Body Shop.

The Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster is something you need to try. It feels amazing from the start, it leaves the skin feeling juicy, healthy and glowy. This is definitely going on my wish list.

I'm off to the beach now. See u later!