15 May 2016

Drugstore Concealers


Despite having many "flaws", under eye circles, darkness or bags are not included in the list. I'm very lucky in that department so I could totally skip using concealer. I also almost never have any blemishes to cover up, my skin has always been pretty forgiving. I only have to deal with certain hyper pigmentation due to some sun damage from when I was young and careless but I'm not overly worried about them peaking through my foundation.
Drugstore Concealers
With everyone in the beauty world being obsessed with the highlighting trend and wanting to be the next Kardashian I was finally drawn in and went on the hunt to finding the best under eye brightening concealer.
Instant Age Rewind concealer by Maybelline
First on my list was the hyped about Instant Age Rewind by Maybelline. Many people don't like the sponge like applicator it comes with as they feel its most unhygienic but I particularly love it. It helps blend the product better than fingers or a brush. You could use a dampened Beauty Blender but I felt like it absorbs some of the product and makes for a more sheer application. Although I wouldn't repurchase it as it didn't work out for me (I couldn't tell any difference when using it), I recently recommended it to a friend and she absolutely loves it. 
Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer
On one of my visits to London I went into Boots with the idea to get the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer everybody keeps raving about but I couldn't find it so I settled for this Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer by Collection, instead. Now that I've been able to compare the two of them, I'm absolutely sticking to this one. It's more brightening, it may not cover up darkness like the Lasting Perfection but it wears beautifully during the day and does't crease or look cakey.
Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer
A friend of mine was able to find the Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer for me when she was in the UK last year. It has great coverage and blends easily but on me it emphasizes fine lines that I can't otherwise see and it tends to look a bit cakey after a few hours' wear.
Wake Me Up concealer by Rimmel
The Wake Me Up by Rimmel is my favourite of the bunch. It isn't as brightening as the Illuminating Touch but it wears beautifully, it feels so light and imperceptible that it looks like your own skin but with photoshop.
Fit Me concealer by Maybelline
Last to arrive to my collection is the Fit Me by Maybelline. I'd tried the foundation a long time ago but it ended up being too greasy for my oily skin so I avoided getting anything else from the range. After hearing so many YouTube beauty gurus talking about how good this was I finally decided to give it a go. First time I used it I liked it better than the Wake Me Up but I haven't used it for long so I'm still undecided. It's slightly pink toned so that it helps create more brightness but I'm more used to yellow tone concealers so I need to test it out a bit more.

As for the prices, the Collection concealers are the most affordable, then comes Wake Me Up, next Fit Me and last the Age Rewind, although they are all under 10€.

Have you tried any of these? Share your thoughts, don't be shy!