26 May 2016

Foundations: High End vs High Street


What's the deal with some high end foundations having such a strong scent? Not that I mind it, just wondering. I'm not particularly sensitive to scents, although there are a few that I just can't bear. Oddly, lavender is one of them, but for the most part I don't mind using scented beauty products and I love going to Lush and have a whiff around.

Of course there are certain type of scents that I like more than others but if a product smells too parfumey it sort of feels cheep to me, if you know what I mean. 
Foundations: High End vs High Street
Aside from my beloved Dior Airflash foundation I've been pretty much using drugstore foundations so it just struck me that the two high end foundations that I purchased recently should have such a strong smell.

Scent aside, they both are beautiful foundations for oily skin. They have a medium coverage and are quite long lasting. As the weather's still mild I can even forgo setting my foundation with some powder and that's pretty awesome as I'm usually such an oily mess.
Make Up For Ever HD powder
For my winter tone I prefer to go a lighter shade and use a bit of bronzer on the perimeter of the face and for the summer I need to go a few shades darker as my body gets tan so much faster than my face.
Clarins Ever Matte foundation
The Clarins Ever Matte foundation goes on beautifully with this Shiseido brush that I got when I was in Tokyo a few years ago. To be honest, I only got it because it was just 10€ but I never got round using it because it's tiny compared to my Coastal Scents flat top brush. For some reason I've been really enjoying application with this more dense brush as it buffs the foundation into the skin so smoothly and seemlessly that I haven't even been reaching for my Beauty Blender lately.
Forever Diorskin & InstaBlur primer
After hearing/reading a lot about the Diorskin Forever foundation I decided to give it a try. Of course I waited for a discount and was able to get it for 40€ instead of 50€. I've been only using it for a few days so I'm still not sure how it applies best, with a brush or with the BB. For primer I'm trying Instablur by The Body Shop, which I didn't like using with the Clarins foundation, but I'm still on the fence.
Foundations: High End vs High Street

What are your preferences, high end or drugstore?