2 June 2016

May Yays & Nays


This month I decided to go through my lip products and toss out the ones that I don't reach for often to make place for new ones, of course.
Colab dry shampoo in New York. I think I already mentioned this product in a previous empties post. I don't like it as much as the one by Batiste. It's less gritty and it barely leaves a white cast but it doesn't absorb much oil.

L'Óreal Glam Shine balmy gloss in 913 Dare The Dragon Fruit is a gorgeous bright pink shade but it has some tiny sparkling particles and I'm all for a matte and long-lasting lip formula nowadays.

Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Crayons by Soap & Glory. I got these in a holiday set at Boots and I've worn them quite a lot last summer but they aren't too long wearing so, bye bye.

I was trying to find some pinky and peachy nudes to include in my collection but the two I ordered online wash me out completely and don't suit me at all: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 38 Rosetto and Maybelline Color Sensational in 832 Kiss Pearl.

Smoky Extravagant mascara by Make Up Forever. This came in a Sephora Favourites mascara set. I'm trying them all out but I haven't found any that compares to my beloved Lights, Camera, Lashes! by Tarte. This one had too fat a wand so it made for a difficult application, it actually got better with time but it only added some definition, nothing life changing.
As for my yays I have some mixed feelings but I didn't include them in my nays as I ended up liking them more or less.

Dr. Organic Snail Gel. This has an overpowering baby cologne scent, very fresh and very zesty. I'm not overly concerned with perfume but this was a tad too much. The texture is light weight, nice for us oily girls out there but it left kind of a sticky residue so I ended up using it only on the weekends that I stayed in.

Fekkai Lifting and Texturizing Spray Gel. At first I couldn't notice any difference in my hair when using this until I stopped. It really lifts the roots and gives some volume, don't spray too much, though as it can have the opposite effect.

Omorovicza Rejuvenating Night Cream. This came in a Cult Beauty goody bag from Spring 2015, if I remember correctly. It smells like marzipan, which I hate (the marzipan, not the smell) and is a very creamy and rich formula, maybe a tad too much for my oily skin. 

Roc Anti-Cellulite Micro Active. I'm already on my forth tube, I found a website that sells them for a fraction of the price. I enjoy the texture and how it allows to massage it into the skin for a few minutes but doesn't leave a sticky residue once it fully absorbs. My skin looks firmer and it has noticeably reduced my cellulite bumps, let's see if I can get rid of the rest.