11 July 2016

Skincare: Citrus Haul


Taking advantage of the sales I decided to stock up on some summer favourites:
The Body Shop was having a 25% off sale. I ordered the body lotions in Pink Grapefruit and Satsuma, the Vitamin C serum that I'm running low on (this is my 4th bottle) and a new item to try out: the Vitamin C energising face mist. As soon as I get home from work I take my make up off but don't apply any kind of product on my face afterwards as I have extremely oily skin so I thought this would give a boost to my skin whilst being lightweight and refreshing during these hotter months.

From Kiehl's I was receiving regularly newsletters but never any discount so I jumped at the chance to order this Vitamin C serum at 45€ instead of 57€: the Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate. I had read some reviews on Vitamin C products and lots of people were mentioning that the one by The Body Shop is plain silicone and doesn't contain a great deal of Vitamin C  and therefore not being that great. I particularly enjoy the silicony texture as it feels like a primer and it leaves my skin feeling silky soft but if that's only an illusion I wanted to compare the two products side by side. I'll let you know my findings once I put it to the test.

Having mature skin means that I'm always looking for anti-aging, firming, brightening and, in this case, antioxidant properties in my skincare products. This article by Paula's Choice is great in explaining the great benefits of Vitamin C to your skin.