2 August 2016

July Yays & Nays


I think I'm the only person rooting for the summer to end. Don't get me wrong, I love the heat, going to the beach and the longer days. What I can't stand are the crowds of tourists taking my parking space, filling up the beaches and walking around town in their swimwear, yuk!
July Yays
For my monthly empties I have a few Yays to share with you:

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil: I only used this to take off my eye make up as it easily dissolves mascara and liner. It's pretty gentle unless you leave it on for too long, then it starts to sting the eyes. 

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Sorbet: I love the scent and the refreshing gel type formula but I feel like it doesn't hydrate as much as a regular lotion.

Soap & Glory Hand Food: It's my forth tube already, I like that it dries fairly quick despite the thick consistency. I tend to go for fresh scents but this one's just the right amount of sweet.

Bióre UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50: My go to daily sunscreen. It's extremely lightweight and doesn't make me any oilier unlike European SPF brands.

Douglas nail polish removal pen: It's very helpful in getting rid of unwanted nail polish that has somehow transferred to the skin.

Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging eye cream: It's very creamy and hydrating but feels lightweight at the same time. I haven't had any issue with any brand concealer creasing on me when I'm wearing this underneath so it's definitely something that I'm going to repurchase in the future.

The Body Shop Vitamin C serum: I love the silicone consistency, one pump is enough and sometimes I feel like my oily skin doesn't need a moisturizer on top. I'm already going through my 4th bottle.
July Mehs
As for my Nays, I don't have any this month. The two products above are more like Meh! 

Lancôme Bi-Facil Instant Cleanser: This came in my Glamour Beauty Festival goodie bag otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it. I don't usually like these kind of two-phased cleansers. They work ok but I don't like how sticky the skin feels afterwards.

Hema Quick Dry Top Coat: I use more affordable top coats on my toes as the polish last me for ages. I can't get in Spain, though so I'll have to ask my Dutch friend Myrthe to bring me some next time she comes this way. Last time she brought me this nail strengthener so I suppose I do have a big Nay after all: never going to use that ever again!

Sorry my post didn't go up on Monday as usual but: no Wifi, you know #firstworldproblems. Although, does Spain even categorize as a first world country? You got me! Just kidding, not kidding.